The Divine Yoga New York Fall Cleanse has ended as of Weds November 8th. http://www.divineyogany.com
It coincided with the coming new age of Aquarius on 11-11-11 which made it a perfect time to cleanse and refresh body mind and spirit as we move from the age of ME to the age of WE, the age of FEAR to the age of LOVE.
1. We work in a team. We cook cooperatively. Each participant is assigned one or two recipes to be prepared for all other participants. Each participant picks up his or her meal(s) at one specified location.
2. Participants are encouraged to practice yoga or some other activity. http://www.divineyogany.com
3. We use organic foods only.
4. Cold showers and non-chemical toothpaste and soaps are recommended.
5. Our coach is Judy Griffin http://www.nourishing solutions4life.com
6. We make juice daily. I use a Breville Juice Fountain.Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juicing Machine
7. We make a master cleanse drink. Yum.
Challenge: Time crunch to make my juice, pressured by self to make master cleanse drink, make side dishes. Why was I always running around? What am I doing wrong?
Opportunity: Let go of perfection. Slow down, take time to enjoy process. The “cleanse police” were not going to check and see if I was getting it “right”.
Here is a recipe from the Kristina Turner’s Self-Healing Cookbook that I make on a regular basis. A twist on mashed potatoes without the potatoes.
The Self-Healing Cookbook: Whole Foods To Balance Body, Mind and Moods
Millet Mashed Potatoes
1 Cup millet
2/14 cups water
1/2 medium cauliflower
1/2 tsp of sea salt
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tsp Umeboshi Plum Vinegar
sea salt and pepper to taste
handful chopped parsley + 1 cup of other chopped green uncooked. ( Swiss chard, spinach, kale)
Wash millet. Bring water to a boil. Add millet, cauliflower, garlic and salt. Turn down to simmer covered 20-30 minutes or until grains are cooked and water is absorbed. Turn off heat and leave covered for 5- 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients except greens and mash with potato masher or mix till smooth in food processor or blender. Add parsley and other greens sprinkle on top.
Eat and enjoy.
Now may I have some Haagen Daaz?